A uniquely named incident that can be triggered by:
- An action performed by somebody working in the system
- A particular condition that occurs while the system is running
- A certain value is exceeded in a database record
- Another event or one its handlers
- Other, similar occurrences
A particular event can possibly be triggered by multiple situations or conditions, and you can determine how the system responds to each situation.
To be useful, an event must have one or more event handlers defined to respond to the event.
For more information about events and the event system, see "About the Application Event System" in the Guide to the Application Event System.